Monday, August 2, 2010

Cake Practice

We are going to have a party for Kimi's fourth birthday on Saturday and I wanted to try to make the cake, but the cake is such a big deal to me I really want it to look fantastic. So I thought I should do a couple practice runs before the big day. We are going to do a flower cake on top of a big circle cake and then top it with these cute little bug candles that we got that match the theme of the party. I can't wait, I hope its a really special day for Kimi.
First Try
Second Try (A little better!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Gordon and I dated a little over a year in high school and then broke up after we graduated. We both got married and had kids. Gordon's daughter is named Kimiko Lee and my son is named Zachary Taylor. We both seperated from our spouses and one day ran into each other. The rest as they say is history. Our kids started playing together while we hung out and caught up. It didn't take long before we fell back in love. Gordon is an electrician and as of late I have been a stay at home mom. I haven't given up looking for a job and lots of days staying home makes me crazy. But, I love spending time with Zach. He loves dinosaurs and learning. We spend a lot of time practing numbers and letters and writing. We play with bugs and make messes. When he learns something new I get the best feeling in the world. Kimi loves everything princess and is very much a daddy's girl. We also each had a dog from our previous relationships, Bugg and Brutus. So our house is pretty full and someone is always causing some sort of ruckus. But, there is also a lot of love and laughing and I wouldn't have it any other way.