Thursday, July 29, 2010

What's in a name?

Zach wrote his name by himself for the very first time ever today. I was so excited I called or texted everyone I could think of. I was having a hard time getting him to be able to trace the lines of the letters. Every time he would get mad that he hadn't written exactly on the line and use little scribbles to try and fill in the space between where he wrote and the dotted line. So my mom gave me the idea to rather then have him copy dotted lines to do dots and just let him fill in the lines himself. That way even if his lines are not exactly straight he still can see that he made the letter and is not worried about getting it exactly perfect. It totally worked. I showed him how to do each letter a couple times and then he tried it himself and bam there it was his name. He was pretty excited about it too. Obviously he still needs to learn to do it without the dots but come on, he is three so its pretty good. I am always so proud of him and the way he can learn things so quickly. He is such an amazing kid.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Gordon and I dated a little over a year in high school and then broke up after we graduated. We both got married and had kids. Gordon's daughter is named Kimiko Lee and my son is named Zachary Taylor. We both seperated from our spouses and one day ran into each other. The rest as they say is history. Our kids started playing together while we hung out and caught up. It didn't take long before we fell back in love. Gordon is an electrician and as of late I have been a stay at home mom. I haven't given up looking for a job and lots of days staying home makes me crazy. But, I love spending time with Zach. He loves dinosaurs and learning. We spend a lot of time practing numbers and letters and writing. We play with bugs and make messes. When he learns something new I get the best feeling in the world. Kimi loves everything princess and is very much a daddy's girl. We also each had a dog from our previous relationships, Bugg and Brutus. So our house is pretty full and someone is always causing some sort of ruckus. But, there is also a lot of love and laughing and I wouldn't have it any other way.